Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday, March 19

We were up around 6:30 this morning, so Hubbie could get ready to go to the Extension Office to help the Master Gardeners conduct a potted tulip sale. He didn't eat breakfast, because he anticipated there would be pastries or other nibbles at the sale.

After my breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises. Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and worked on her jigsaw puzzle.

Around 10:30, I decided to go to the store that has a sale every weekend to look for a pair of jeans. When I first looked through the stacks, I didn't see my size in the indigo color I prefer. But upon going through them pair by pair, I finally found one in my size.

The price tag on the jeans was $40, but they were on sale, and by the time I used a $10 coupon I received in the mail, I ended up paying $14.11 for them, using a gift card Hubbie gave me for Christmas.

When I got back, Hubbie was already home. I thought the sale was to end at noon, but he said that business had gotten slow by 11 a.m., so the group decided to each buy a couple of the pots of tulips themselves, so they could shut down.

I fixed omelets for lunch, which Hubbie was plenty ready for, since it turned out that there had been nothing for him to eat at the tulip sale. It'd been a long time between supper last night and lunch today!

After lunch, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to shop for groceries. Back home, we didn't do anything important. Mother continued with her jigsaw puzzle, and I read my novel.

Around 4 p.m., Hubbie called our cable company, because we discovered this morning that neither our land line telephones, nor our Internet were functioning. We thought it was caused by something going on with the cable company, and it'd right itself eventually, because a couple of days ago, our three main TV channels quit, but came back on later in the day. This time, there continued to be no land line or Internet service all day. So a cable company rep came by around 5:30 p.m. and replaced the computer modem, and now we're back in business.

Supper tonight was pizzas, made on thin whole wheat bagels, and baked potatoes. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched the 2009, PG-13 movie, "That Evening Sun," starring Hal Holbrook, and Ray McKinnon. An elderly man (Holbrook) leaves the nursing home where his son abandoned him and goes back to his home place, only to find a family occupying it. He is determined to run them off. The man of the occupying family is violent and abusive, and trouble escalates. Good movie.

0 comments: