Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, April 4

Up at 7:30, but waited to do a treadmill session and weights exercises until a thunderstorm had passed. It was around 9 a.m. before I felt it was safe to get on the treadmill. Just as I finished getting ready for the day, another thunderstorm came through. Mother and Sis had come over before that one started.

Mother felt much better this morning. She said she went to bed as soon as she got home last night (around 8 p.m.) and slept soundly until around 5 a.m., her usual time to rise.

We didn't accomplish anything for the rest of the morning. After a lunch of the leftovers from Saturday, Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands...to a grocery store to pick up cottage cheese for making a recipe of lasagna for supper, and to the WDCS for a few other grocery items. As we left the WDCS, we were greeted by a cold wind and blowing cold rain...felt like winter again! When is spring ever going to arrive?

At home, Mother and Sis put together the lasagna, and then continued working on the jigsaw puzzle, while I read the local newspaper, and Hubbie played on the office computer.

The lasagna, served with French style green beans, tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, and slices of French bread, was very good.

Tonight, I was supposed to meet with my Literacy Council student, but thirty minutes before the appointed hour, the director of the council called to say the student had spoken with the translator and said she was going to stop classes right now, because there is too much stress in her life. So I will meet with the director soon to see if there is another student I can tutor.

This evening after supper, Mother and Sis finished the jigsaw puzzle, while Hubbie and I watched TV, including the NCAA basketball championship between Butler and UConn, which UConn handily won.

Funny: at one point today I was upstairs when I heard a commotion downstairs. I came down to see what had happened. Seems that Sis started to sit down on the den couch, when she saw what she thought was a leaf with a stem. She picked it up and....egad!!...it was a flattened dried mouse! Hubbie bravely took it from her and tossed it in the trash. Sis immediately rushed to the bathroom to wash her hands repeatedly. We speculate that one of the cats must have found the mouse somewhere in the sun room, where poison is set out, and seeing it as a prize, brought it in and placed it on the couch. Just thinking about picking that mouse up gave me a creepy feeling, and made me want to wash my hands.

0 comments: