Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday, April 3

Up at 7 a.m. on this beautiful sunny morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother and Sis came over mid-morning and started a jigsaw puzzle, while I programmed the DVR for the week's programs and shows, washed a couple of loads of cloths, and got together a lunch of leftovers from yesterday.

After lunch, Mother and Sis continued with their jigsaw puzzle, while I played on my office computer and typed a recipe for my version of baked beans, sending a copy to Daughter-in-Law, who asked for it yesterday, and printing a copy for Sis.

While Great-Niece was here, she questioned how we were all related. We were able to easily tell her that Mother is her great-grandmother by marriage to my father, and that Sis and I are her great-aunts. But we were sort of stumped on how she and Daughter and Great-Grandson are related. This morning, I found a website with a chart that is simple to follow, and found that she and Daughter are first cousins once removed, and she and Great-Grandson are second cousins once removed.

Then I sat down with Hubbie to watch a movie from the DVR..."Closed for Winter," a 2011 film about a young woman in Australia who, after twenty years, is still haunted by the disappearance of her sister when they were children.

Later, Sis went to Mother's house to do some paperwork related to her job. Mother continued with the jigsaw puzzle. Hubbie worked in the yard. And I baked another cake, since there were only two portions left from yesterday's pineapple upside down cake (this is a favorite and disappears fast). Today, I baked a cinnamon swirl cake, substituting egg whites for whole eggs, and applesauce for butter.

None of us was very hungry for supper, so Sis and Hubbie had sandwiches, I had a bowl of cereal with toast, and Mother had a helping of the cinnamon swirl cake with coffee.

Afterward, Mother continued on the jigsaw puzzle, while Sis worked on her laptop, and Hubbie and I watched TV. Around 7:30, Mother and Sis went to Mother's house. Mother said she was ready for bed. She's not feeling very well, and said she thought she'd eaten too much the last few days and is having tummy troubles. Sis will keep a close watch on her tonight.

0 comments: