Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday, April 24

Up around 7 a.m., but skipped my exercises, of course. Once I was ready for the day, I fixed a couple of Easter baskets for Mother and Daughter. Then I stuffed a bunch of plastic eggs with coins, dollar bills, and candy, which I then hid around the living room and dining room for Great-Grandson to hunt.

Downstairs, I set the table with linens, my mismatched China, Hubbie's family heritage silverware, stemware glasses and the Easter baskets. Shortly after Daughter and Great-Grandson awakened and had a light breakfast, I sent Great-Grandson on his Easter egg hunt. I know that at twelve years old, he thinks himself too big for such childish things, but it was evident that he was pleased.

Mother had come over right after I was ready for the day, and the two of us did several lunch-related things. Then, since we had a couple of hours to kill before lunch, I suggested we play the card game Duo. Christopher had never played the game before, but he caught on right away, and immediately won the first game. After that, Mother won a couple of games, and Lyle won one. Yours truly...zilch.

By the time the games were over, lunch was ready for the table. We all enjoyed the ham, potatoes au gratin, carrot salad, asparagus, whole kernel corn, deviled eggs, sliced tomatoes, and yeast rolls, and angel food cake and strawberries with whipped topping.

Afterward, Mother, Daughter, Great-Grandson, and I went out into the yard, where I snapped some photos. Shortly afterward, Daughter and Great-Grandson left for home. It was good that they left at that time, so they could get to their home about two hours away before storms rolled in.

Mother spent part of the rest of the afternoon working on her jigsaw puzzle, while I played on my computer. Then we watched a Hallmark movie I'd recorded on DVR..."The Shunning," starring Danielle Panabaker. An Amish girl feels something is missing in her life, and then is told she was adopted twenty years earlier. Her Mother was an "Englisher."

Later, Hubbie and I watched the first two parts of "Upstairs, Downstairs," from the PBS channel. I'd recorded these on DVR, as I did tonight's third and final episode. But when we tried to watch the third part, we found that the channel had frozen and nothing had recorded. Maybe the stormy weather affected the channel's transmission. Hopefully, the episode will be aired again in the near future. In the meantime, I'll check tomorrow to see if it'll be at their website. I checked tonight and found that the first two are there.

0 comments: