Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday, April 28

Slept really late this morning, until around 9:15! That's the latest I've slept in a long, long time. So I was very late doing my usual morning things, though I did do a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

It was noon before I was ready for the day. Since we'd had breakfast so late, we didn't get hungry again until around 2:30 p.m. In the meantime, Hubbie and I went to the river, so I could snap pictures of the flooded areas. It was a lovely, blue-sky-fluffy-white-clouds day, with a temp in the low 70s.

By today, the river had receded some, but it was still very high, and water still flooded parts of low-lying fields near the river. I took pictures from atop a nearby hill, as well as in the river park, and at a spot upriver of the highway bridge that spans it.

We had lunch when we got back, and then I uploaded some of the photos to my social network page.

Daughter called this afternoon to let me know that Granddaughter's picture is featured on the front page of our state newspaper, so Hubbie immediately went in search of the paper. He brought three issues back. In the photo, Granddaughter is helping friends clean up after their home was destroyed in the tornado Monday night.

Around 7 p.m., I fixed Hubbie and myself fajitas and salads for supper. Then we did our usual thing of watching TV for the evening.

While I was preparing the meal, one of the scrapbook club members called to let me know she would not be able to go on the trip to another town Saturday to attend the pioneer village open house. I'd called her earlier in the week, but she only got the message on her land line today, because she was away from home due to flooding in her area.

Tonight, we watched the third episode of the PBS Masterpiece Theater production of the British drama, "Upatairs, Downstairs." We had to watch this episode on my laptop, since the PBS channel froze up during recent storms. The laptop speaker is not very loud at its loudest, so Hubbie had trouble hearing it. I tried hooking my office computer speakers to my laptop, but they didn't work.

Then we watched the 2006 Hallmark Channel movie, "Wild Hearts," starring Richard Thomas, on our regular TV. When a widowed Los Angeles police detective and his rebellious teenage daughter inherit a horse ranch in Montana, both experience culture shock. In due course, they both learn to love the ranch, but naturally trouble brews when a major development coporation tries to force them to sell.

Note: just before I decided to shut down my laptop tonight, I got a call from my daughter-in-law telling me that one of the very young great-grandsons broke his hip tonight. Seems he begged his mother to wheel him fast in the parking lot as he rode in a shopping cart. Granddaughter lost her balance and slipped down, pulling the cart down with her. The handle of the cart hit great-granson's hip, breaking it. He is now at children's hospital, where he'll remain in traction at least overnight.

If it's not one thing, it's another lately.

0 comments: