Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday, April 20

Slept late this morning, until after 8 a.m., but did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother came over mid-morning and finished her Easter cards.

I didn't accomplish much before lunch. During lunch, we watched last night's episode of "Dancing with the Stars," which was postponed until 12:30 a.m. this morning, because of weather coverage throughout prime time. I recorded the episode on DVR. As usual, the star eliminated was not the one I felt should have been voted off the show.

Following that show, we watched "Body of Proof," another show that had been postponed until after midnight.

Then Mother watched Monday night's "Dancing with the Stars," which I'd recorded. She had snoozed through the show at her house on Monday night. I had kept the show on our DVR in case she didn't see it for some reason.

While she did that, I searched for a binder of scrapbook pages that we'd worked on at our scrapbook club meeting last month, but I couldn't find it. Eventually, Mother joined in the search. Neither of us could turn it up. Had I left it in the conference room at the Extension Services office? I called to check. No, it wasn't there. Finally, I remembered that I'd brought it out to show family a few weeks ago, and wondered if it had somehow gotten stored in the den closet. Sure enough, it was there.

Mother continued her show, while I went to my office computer to type and print photo captions for the scrapbook pages. Naturally, the first thing that happened was the printer ran out of colored ink. Changed the cartridge. Then the printer refused to work, so I shut the computer down and re-booted. The printer spit out an alignment sheet, but still refused to give me the page I wanted. I shut the computer down again and re-booted. This time it worked.

Back downstairs, I went through lots of card stock in an effort to find matching colors to back the photo captions. All this was in anticipation of a scrapbook club meeting tomorrow, if another member attends. One member has already said she can't be there, and the remaining member will not attend if it rains...and predictions are for a possibility of rain.

It was around 4 p.m. before I finished the task, in time to begin supper preparations. While I was upstairs, Mother had cleaned a can of salmon, chopped onions, and gathered other ingredients for making a pot of chowder for supper. So it was pretty simple putting the recipe together. This is not Hubbie's favorite dish, so I thawed some 11-bean soup with ham for him. He and I had our soups with grilled cheese sandwiches, but Mother opted out.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie (who spent most of the day in the yard) and I watched TV, of course, including the 2009, R-rated movie, "Public Enemies," starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. Depp plays the 1930s public enemy #1, John Dillinger. Dillinger seals his fate when he falls for a pretty coat-check girl, Billie Frechette (played by marion Cotillard). Because he wants to stay close to her, he dawdles in Chicago, and finally meets his end when he is betrayed to FBI by a couple of women friends in front of a movie theater, while Billie is being held in jail.

0 comments: