Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday, June 9

Up at 7 a.m., and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother stayed home today, and Hubbie, who skipped his monthly Master Gardener meeting this morning, spent most of his time in the yard. So after I was ready for the day, I spent time at my office computer answering a chatty e-mail from a friend, and gathering information for updating my artist-in-education renewal.

I'm not sure if I'll actually do any more photography residencies, because of not being able to leave Mother and Shih Tzu alone for any length of time. Also, the program I offer calls for 35mm film photography, and with digital now the norm, my program might be too outdated for the schools.

However, it's still a great program for teaching about light and how the eye works, so if I get a bid from a local school, where I wouldn't have to be away from home for very long, I might accept. A children's museum in the capital city is always interested in programs like mine, but they are closed right now for remodeling.

After lunch, I went shopping...at the WDCS and at the everything's a dollar store. Mother asked me to pick up something for Hubbie for his birthday, which I did. I also bought myself a new summer purse, and a plastic tote for storing scrapbook and card-making punches.

For supper tonight, we had baked potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and leftover zucchini casserole. We also had slices of Neo-Tuscan Boule bread that I picked up at the WDCS.

Later, we watched the 2010 Lifetime Movie Network feature, "My Family's Secret." A woman's husband attempts suicide, because he thinks he may have had a hand in the death of his sister many years ago. The woman visits her husband's brother to find out more about his past. Only problem is, the brother has multiple personality disorder, and his aggressive personality becomes angry and emerges to keep her from learning the truth.

The second feature we watched was the 2010 comedy-drama, "Good Intentions." A woman married to a mechanic who blows the family's money on his inventions, decides to take matters into her own hands. With their savings gone, and their children out of control, she schemes to set things right...by blackmailing the sheriff and holding up a store.

0 comments: