Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday, July 7

Slept really late this morning, until 8:30, but did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

While I was on the treadmill, the volunteer coordinator at Caring Hands Hospice called to discuss a convenient date to have a card making session at a nursing home. I called her back as soon as possible, and we finally settled on August 11, at 2 p.m.

This coordinator is replacing the previous one, who has gone on to another position with the organization. The new coordinator isn't particularly crafty, so she asked that Mother and I bring necessary card-making supplies, and help the nursing home residents with their projects.

The nursing home is about a mile and half from our house, so it's a convenient site for a session. I just hope the ladies at the home will be able to handle the project. I think I'll make things easier by packaging some kits, so all that will need to be done is putting the cards together.

By the time I showered and dressed, it was already 11 a.m. I finished the morning straightening my office, and starting a load of laundry washing.

Mother stayed home today doing some baking for the fair, and Hubbie spent most of his day outdoors, except for an hour or so he spent at the Revenue Office renewing licenses on both vehicles.

After lunch, I completed the scherenshnitte card I started yesterday, and then made a corner bookmark. Since I've now done all the paper crafts I'd intended to do, I straightened up the work area and stored some of the materials away. There's still plenty of paper, stickers, scissors, glues, etc., for the kids to work with when they visit this weekend.

After that, I finished three loads of laundry, and relaxed for a while. Later, I made a batch of bran muffins to go with leftover veggie soup from yesterday. I set aside three of the best-looking ones to be entered in the fair. My muffins have earned blue ribbons every year, so I hope they do again this year.

Later, Hubbie and I watched the 2002 movie, "Fidel," a biography about Fidel Castro, from 1949 to 2001. It's a long movie, at a little over three hours, but it does a good job of showing the man from his idealistic youth, to his love of power, to his human fallibility in life and love.

0 comments: