Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday, July 5

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m., but did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over while I was on the treadmill.

Before I headed to the shower, I decided to look for some homemade candy in the side-by-side refrigerator/freezer. Naturally, I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I took everything out of the freezer, and we organized it all and put it back...though I never did find the item I was looking for.

By the time we finished that task, I was ready for a shower, but a thunderstorm rolled in, so I waited for a while. The storm brought a sprinkling of rain, but not enough to even dampen the ground, much less benefit the gardens.

By the time I was able to get ready for the day, it was nearing noon. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank, to a business supply store to pick up colored sheets of paper to use in greeting cards, to the Extension Services office to pick up entry tags for the fair, to two different health stores for fish oil tablets and multi-vitamins, and finally to the WDCS for groceries and other items.

Back home, I finished the embossed card I started yesterday, and then snapped photos of all the cards Mother and I have made over the past several days and uploaded them to my social network page.

This afternoon, Mother made a pot of vegetable soup, using a container of leftovers we'd accumulated for the freezer. This will be our supper for tomorrow night. Tonight, we had leftovers from last night...barbecued country ribs, with steamed new potatoes, and zucchini and yellow squashes.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched a 2005 movie, "Fragile," from a premium channel. A young nurse finds her new job at a rundown children's hospital unsettling when strange things begin happening.

0 comments: