Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4

Up around 7:30 a.m., and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

Once I was ready for the day, I gathered paperwork I needed to complete an annual financial report for our scrapbook club. For the past couple of years, our small clubs have been required by the government to report income and expenses, as well as any inventory we own over $250. Well, our club owns nothing, and our treasury contains less than $100.

Nevertheless, we are required to complete a report of several pages (has the government not heard about paper conservation?). Since I only recently took over the treasury of our club, I found it necessary to first reconstruct our income and expenses, since the former treasurer failed to keep a detailed record.

While I wrangled with this, Hubbie ran several errands. After lunch, I continued with the report, and finally finished it about an hour later. I also wrote a narrative report of how we used $100 grant money for our club's community service project. This year, we bought punches and washable markers for making greeting cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

After that, I relaxed for the afternoon. I needed the downtime after the last few very busy weeks.

Around 4 p.m., Hubbie put potatoes in the oven to bake, and then around 4:30 grilled t-bone steaks. I'd marinated the steaks overnight, using a little vinegar, along with no-salt ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, minced garlic, onions, no-salt seasoning, pepper, and paprika. The steaks and potatoes, along with a salad I put together, were very tasty, served with glasses of Splendid Red wine.

After supper, Hubbie went outside to work in the yard for a while, and I watched a "Shark Week" episode that I'd recorded from the Discovery Channel.

Later, we watched a Lifetime Movie Network feature..."Justice for Natalee Halloway." This movie is less about Natalee as it is about her mother, Beth, and her relentless fight to bring Joren Van der Sloot to justice.

Thanks to cloud cover, it wasn't nearly as hot today in our part of the state as it was yesterday. Still, I was glad to stay indoors. Mother stayed at her home today, too, though we checked on her from time to time.

0 comments: