Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday, Dec. 26

Up at 7:30 a.m., and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother took care of her own needs.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, including several loads of laundry.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the store that has a sale every weekend to see if we could find a tablecloth. No dice. Since we had a $10 off $25 purchase coupon, I looked for a pair of black boots...boots were on sale at this store. I found a style I liked, but of course there were none in my size. So I checked on blue jeans, and found a style and size I needed. I used the $10 coupon, plus what remained on a gift card from last Christmas, given to me by Hubbie, and for the remainder of the price, I used $5 cash won on a scratch-off lottery ticket.

From there, we went to the cell phone store to get my smartphone activated. Then we went to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions for Mother and me.

Back home, I relaxed and read the Sunday newspaper until time to fix supper. Since my brain seems to be operating at half speed, though, I turned the oven on, then sat down to my laptop, forgetting to put the potatoes in to bake. At 4:15, I went to the kitchen to put a dish of beans in the oven, and that's when I discovered the potatoes still on the counter.

So we were a little later having supper tonight. But the potatoes, with beans and ham, along with leftover turnips, and a choice of cornbread or yeast bread, were very satisfying on this rainy evening.

After supper, we did the usual...watched TV, including a movie called, "An Invisible Sign." A young woman finds solace in math when her father suffers mental illness. She then becomes a math teacher in an elementary school, but finds herself in the middle of student crises.

0 comments: