Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday, April 27

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. It was chillier outside than I expected, and there was a brisk wind. I wore my fleece outfit, but I would have been more comfortable if I'd worn my fleece hoodie, too. Sixteen of us showed up today. There are usually fewer of us on Fridays...folks getting an early start of their weekend, I guess. One young woman, a recent member, has MS. She is taking part in a walk for the MS organization, and she has been collecting money for it. Of course, our group did what we could, but she must have a load of friends, because she managed to collect a total of $3,500 dollars! As a thank you to us, she added our name, "Water Babes," to the back of her t-shirt.

Back home, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, where, after I gathered utensils, and measured the ingredients for her, she put together a salmon loaf for supper.

After that, I got ready for the day. Then I checked the upstairs computer, but it immediately began thundering, so I shut down. Nothing much came of the boomer except a few drops of rain, but the front served to make our county one of the coolest in the state...nearly ten degrees cooler than counties south of us.

At 11:30, I fixed a lunch of Ramen Noodle soup for Mother, and cold meatloaf sandwiches for Hubbie amd me. Afterward, Hubbie ran errands, while Mother and I made a batch of oatmeal cookies. Again, I gathered the utensils and measured the ingredients, and mother made the dough and spooned it on the cookie sheets. Then I baked the cookies and cooled them for storage. Of course, Hubbie had to sample a couple of them while they were warm. Oatmeal cookies, and spice ones, like the gingersnaps we made yesterday, are his favorites. I think men typically prefer this type cookie over, say, chocolate chip, which is a favorite of most women.

Mother was ready to relax after the cookie making session, so I located a jigsaw puzzle for her to work on, while I played on my laptop. Later, I made a recipe of macaroni and cheese to go with the salmon loaf, which we had with a side of English peas. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, where I helped her take a shower, and then threw a load of laundry in the washer.

Tomorrow, we are scheduled to go to a town about an hour and a half east of us to attend Niece's baby shower. Originally, Daughter was to come and be with Mother while Hubbie and I went to the shower, but there is a crisis with Granddaughter, so she cannot be here. So Mother will need to go with us. She's well enough to travel, but she tires easily in crowds of people, and there will be quite a few women at the shower, since it is being hosted by the women of Niece's church.

We might have decided not to go to the shower, if it weren't an opportunity for Hubbie to visit relatives he rarely gets to see, like a granddaughter and great-grandchildren who live in another state.



0 comments: