Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday, April 24

Up late this morning, at nearly 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I was exercising.

Before I got ready for the day, I gathered things for Mother to work on sympathy cards for Caring Hands Hospice. Saturday, I printed a stack of nature photos that I've taken over the year to use as backgrounds, and today Mother chose colored card stock to match them, and mounted the photos.

After lunch, I joined Mother in making cards. My job was to trim the card stock around the photos, and then rubber stamp sympathy messages onto them. Mother then mounted the photos onto either white or ivory pre-made cards. By 3 p.m., we'd completed eleven cards.

Since we were tired by that time, I cleared away the mess, and then made a recipe of fruited Jell-O, while Mother rested with a cup of coffee. Later, we had a supper of the remainder of the barbecued pork chops, with boiled potatoes, and coleslaw.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for a few grocery items, including hamburger for making meatloaf tomorrow.

Back home, we watched TV, including tonight's elimination episode of "Dancing With the Stars." Hated to see Gladys go, but figured she would be the one.

0 comments: