Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday, April 19

Up around 7:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I finished doing things around the house in preparation for a scrapbook club meeting this afternoon. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning.

After lunch...Ramen Noodle soup for Mother, ham sandwich for Hubbie, and chicken salad sandwich for me...Mother and I began working on scrapbook pages, while Hubbie went out to work in the yard. The other scrapbook club member arrived before 1 p.m. We worked until 2 p.m., when I served refreshments of fresh coffee and chocolate peanut butter Easter bunnies that I'd bought on sale recently.

We continued working another 30 minutes after that, before the other member decided to head home ahead of school buses. Mother and I continued working. Since we'd finished our scrapbook pages, we began making sympathy cards for Caring Hands Hospice, as requested by the volunteer coordinator, who said the agency has been sending one or two sympathy cards a week lately. These are not our favorite cards to make, but we know they are needed.

Our supper was as varied as lunch. Mother and Hubbie had hot dogs, and I had a turkey burger. We all had potato salad that Mother and I made yesterday from leftover mashed potatoes.

After supper, Mother and I continued working on sympathy cards for a while, and then I accompanied her back to her house, where I helped her take a shower, and then throw a load of laundry in the washer.

Back home, Hubbie and I watched TV, including the 1968 classic movie, "The Lion in Winter," starring Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn. In 1183, the king refuses to choose one of his three sons to inherit the throne. The sons and their mother conspire to force him to.

0 comments: