Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday, April 18

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. Chilly morning, but the pool felt good. A substitute led us today, a woman I've known for years through the community theater.

The main topic of conversation, of course, was the cross-dresser man, who was found dead in his home yesterday, along with four dogs. It's said the body wasn't discovered until two weeks after his death.

A couple of the women at the pool, who years ago worked in stores that the man frequented, commented on their experiences with him. One, who worked in a fabric store, said that he apparently sewed his own clothes, which I imagine he would have had to do to get a correct fit.

Another related that he once inquired what sort of personal products she used, commenting that it was "that time of month." Apparently, he was unaware that personal products is not a topic of conversation among women (at least not in my experience).

One lady asked if I know where his sister is. Well, no, I was not personally acquainted with the man, and know nothing of his family. She said that she thought the sister had moved out of state many years ago, when she'd had a child out of wedlock.

So far, there has been no obituary notice in the newspaper. It will be sad if there is no one to mourn his passing. No matter our lifestyle, we deserve to be missed by someone when we die.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, Hubbie helped Mother come over to our house, where she worked on her jigsaw puzzle, while I spruced the house for our scrapbook club meeting tomorrow afternoon.

After a lunch of the salads from yesterday's community education event, Hubbie went for a haircut, while Mother continued working on her puzzle, and I gathered supplies we'll need to complete scrapbook pages tomorrow. When I tried to print journal information from my computer, though, I discovered the printer was out of ink. So when Hubbie returned from his haircut appointment, he went to the WDCS to buy another cartridge.

Later, I heated leftovers from last night's chicken and rice dinner for our supper, and then I accompanied Mother back to her house. She'd somehow engaged the closed caption function on her TV, which Hubbie was at a loss to fix, so I took care of it before I came back home.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, as usual.

I hated to hear that Dick Clark, the Rock 'n Roll icon of my era, died today. He was 82, and had suffered a stroke and other problems.

0 comments: