Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday, April 5

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m. After breakfast, Hubbie headed to the Extension Services office to help dig plants for the Master Gardeners fundraising plant sale this month, but he soon returned saying it was raining in that part of town, so they couldn't work.

Oh well, I thought to myself, a little rain couldn't keep me from doing a treadmill session. KA-BOOM...suddenly there was thunder, lightning, black skies, and heavy rain. No treadmill session for me today. Did the much safer stair stepping, resistance, and weights exercises, instead.

The storm persisted for a while, long enough to drop the temperature, but at last the sun came out. As soon as it did, I washed the remaining five quarts of strawberries, which Hubbie took to Mother's house. She capped and sliced them for the freezer.

Meanwhile, I did a few tasks, like ordering drink tumblers from a couple of great-granddaughters, who are selling them on behalf of their school. I also applied online for another $5 movie voucher. I wasn't sure I could get another one, but I did. With Hubbie's help, I also etched a glass ornament for the arts council director, who requested I do the letter "L," to be given as a gift to a special donor.

After lunch, I accompanied Mother to our house, where we watched a couple of movie musicals..."Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," and "Godspell," while Hubbie ran errands, including delivering the etched ornament to the art gallery.

Later, I made a casserole from the leftover boiled chicken dinner, layering mashed potatoes, English peas, and gravy, and topping the dish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and crushed salt-free crackers. Served it with slices of buttered rye bread.

After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then helped her take a shower. Before I came back home, I threw a load of laundry in the washer.

It was raining lightly as I walked Mother home, but shortly after I returned, the sun came out again. Looking at the weather map on TV, it appeared our county got the most rain today. The rain gauge in our yard showed an inch and a half.

Spent the evening watching TV, including a strange 2011 movie called "The Speed of Thought." A telepathic man, who works as a spy for the government, faces death at 29 (he's now 28) if he cannot escape his condition with his soul mate, who has the same condition.

0 comments: