Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wednesday, June 27

Shouldn't have had that iced coffee last night at the get-together, because I was wide awake until the wee hours of the morning. I wasn't ready to get up at 6:30, but I rolled out anyway to get ready to go to water aerobics.

When I stepped outside in my shorts and t-shirt, I was surprised at how cool it was...55 degrees. The water was cool, too, as usual, but nice once I was used to it. Seventeen of us showed up today, including one lady who hadn't been there in several weeks. We learned today that she'd broken her foot.

Our regular leader wasn't there today, so a substitute did the honors. She's okay, but it seems like she's making up moves as she goes along. But to liven things up during the session, she decided to tell us this joke:

How was your golf game, dear?’ asks Jack’s wife. ‘Well,’ says Jack. ‘I was hitting pretty well, but my eyesight’s got so bad I couldn’t see where the ball went.’ ‘Why don’t you take my brother, Scott, along?’ suggests his wife. ‘He’s 85 but he’s got perfect eyesight.’ So the next day Jack tees off with Scott looking on. Jack swings, and the ball disappears down the middle of the fairway. ‘Do you see it?’ asks Jack. ‘Yup,’ Scott answers. ‘Well, where is it?’ says Jack, peering off into the distance. ‘Where’s what?’ says Scott.

Back home, while I was getting ready for the day, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, where she made a recipe of pimento cheese. She relaxed for the afternoon after that, while Hubbie and I did various things.

Later, I helped Mother make a batch of biscuits for supper. We had these, as well as a recipe of cornbread, with leftovers from yesterdays veggie dinner. The reason we made both biscuits and cornbread is because I'm not found of cornbread, though Mother and Hubbie love it. At supper last night, Hubbie mentioned that cornbread would have been good with the meal. The breads were particularly good tonight, because they were made with sour milk from Mother's frige...she is never able to drink her milk before it sours.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, where I helped her take a shower. Then I threw a load of laundry in the washer. Back home, Hubbie and I watched TV, including an American Movie Channel 2003 film called, "Open Range," starring Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall. A former gunslinger and his men are now running cattle, but a bad-guy lawman threatens them, and he has to return to fight again.



0 comments: