Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday, July 1

Another month gone, this one a scorcher. I don't think anyone regrets seeing June end. But I fear July will be worse.

We were up around 7:30 this morning, had a breakfast of breads and fruits again, and then packed up to come home.

Son and family came to our campsite to visit for a while. I took several snapshots of the kids, and Hubbie took one of us as a group.

Funny: I squatted down beside Mother for the group shot, but in a minute, Daughter-in-Law declared, "Mom! There's a daddy-long-legs crawling on you!"

"Well, get it off!" I exclaimed, standing up.

She hesitated, because the critter was on my backside, and she didn't want to swat me there, but I insisted. She swatted and missed. "It's still there," she said.

"Well, get it off!" I exclaimed again.

"It's somewhere I don't want to swat!" she said, meaning it had crawled to my crotch.

"Get it off!" I demanded. Finally, Son picked it off me.

We were all tired and ready to head home. The heat was positively sapping this weekend, and I imagine the three little ones strained their mother and grandparents to the limit. I'm glad to be past that stage of life. I just don't think I'd have the energy for it anymore.

We were soon on the road, and back home before lunch. We had time to get the camper unloaded before the heat of the day set in. I accompanied Mother to her house as soon as we arrived, and took a plate of lunch to her later. She then spent the afternoon napping.

I spent my time catching up on chores, while Hubbie watered the gardens and did other yard things.

For supper, I heated leftover potatoes, carrots and onions, and green beans, as well as gravy, and served cold pork roast and tomatoes on the side. I fixed a plate of the food for Mother and took it to her.

After Hubbie and I finished supper, I returned to Mother's house and helped her take a shower, then threw a load of laundry in the washer.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV.

0 comments: