Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday, July 19

Up around 7:30. Hubbie was gone, and I thought he was in the yard, but it turned he had gone to a store to get something to battle the blister beetles on the tomato plants. He'd left a note for me, which he laid on the back of his recliner, but I didn't see it.

After he returned, we had breakfast, and then he went out to treat the plants, while I went to Mother's house to accompany her to our house. I gathered the materials she needed to make a greeting card for a friend, who recently sent her a handmade card.

While she worked on her card, I did a treadmill session and resistance band exercises. Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house until lunchtime.

After lunch, Mother retired to the couch, as usual, while Hubbie watched TV, and I read the John Grisham novel, "Calico Joe," one of the books I bought for Hubbie's birthday. He read it last week.

His daughter has asked to borrow the book when we're done, so I'm making time to finish it before we see her in a couple of weeks. I started it yesterday. It's a short book, under 200 pages, so it'll be a quick read.

Later, we had leftover spaghetti, sauce, and green beans for supper, with tomatoes from the garden, topped with cottage cheese. Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and waited for her to take a shower. Threw a load of laundry in the washer before coming back home.

On the walk to Mother's, I noticed the darkening sky to the northwest. But soon a brisk wind cropped up, and blew the clouds over, without leaving a drop of rain. Phooey!

Later, though, Daughter-in-Law posted snapshots on a social network page showing the damage that a storm did in the family's backyard...blowing an apple tree over and scattering lawn chairs.

Spent the evening watching TV, as usual, including a movie..."Thorne: Scaredy Cat," a British crime drama.







0 comments: