Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday, July 17

Slept late, until around 8 a.m., then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother opted to stay home until around 11:30, and then Hubbie accompanied her to our house.

Soon after Mother got here, a black cloud cropped up, and there was thunder. We shut down the computers and waited...nothing. Not a drop of rain, drat it.

We each had a different lunch today...Mother wanted Ramen noodle soup, Hubbie chose a tuna fish sandwich, and I heated some leftover macaroni and cheese, which I had with sliced tomatoes.

Mother retired to the couch for a nap afterward, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the newspaper to drop off the word search puzzle contest; to the post office; to the cable company store; and to a department store. I have a $10 coupon for that store, but I didn't read it carefully enough to see that I can't use it until tomorrow. Finally, we shopped for groceries for Mother and us at the WDCS.

We were back home around 3 p.m. Mother woke up around 4 p.m., and we had a supper of cold meatloaf sandwiches, potato salad, and corn-on-the-cob, around 5 p.m. It was a satisfying summertime meal.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and waited while she took a shower on her own. Threw a load of laundry in the washer before coming back home.

Back home, Hubbie and I watched TV until bedtime.

0 comments: