Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday, 23 Sept.

Today is the anniversary of my eldest brother's birthday. It is also my nephew's birthday. Happy Birthday, Nephew.

Up around 8 a.m., after a restless night. Both Hubbie and I seemed to sleep fitfully...at one point, I had fallen sound asleep, but was awakened when Hubbie emitted a high-pitched squeal. I shook him awake to make sure he was okay. He was. Just a dream, I guess. I think our restlessness was the result of overeating at the restaurant.

Skipped my exercises again, since it's Sunday, and I needed to get busy with several tasks, including doing laundry and pressing clothes. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, and she prepared a dish of lasagna, while I made a pot of chili, and boiled chicken for noodle soup. The lasagna, chili, and soup, will serve both Hubbie and me on our trip, and Mother and Sis here at home. Those things, along with baking potatoes, coleslaw, salad makings, chicken salad, and pimento cheese, should suffice for meals this week.

During a lasagna lunch, we watched a DVD movie from the library..."Winter's End," the third and last installment of the "Sarah, Plain and Tall" series, from the Hallmark Movie Channel. Mother really enjoyed this series, and is disappointed there aren't others.

Afterward, she retired to the couch for a nap, while Hubbie and I did things related to the trip.

When she finished her nap, I accompanied her home, and waited until she took a shower. At home, Hubbie and I spent the evening watching TV, including an old two-part "Matlock" movie.

For supper, we settled for raisin bran cereal, and toast with homemade muscadine jelly. Hubbie did the honors of serving the meal in the den. As he was rounding up the food, I smelled something amiss.

"Are you burning the toast?" I called to him.

He stepped into the den. "Not any more," he grinned.

We both broke out laughing.





0 comments: