Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday, Oct. 16

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises, because we were scheduled to go to a town a couple of hours east to pick up the repaired trailer hitch. We left home around 9:30 on this very pleasant-weather fall day.

Picked up the hitch as soon as we arrived in town. From there, we stopped by a gas station, and then shopped at a warehouse store to buy a few items we failed to get on our last trip.

From there, we went to lunch at a popular buffet restaurant. I wanted us to have a hearty lunch, since I planned only sandwiches for supper.

Around 1 p.m., we headed home. Mother was ready for a nap when we got back, so she headed straight to the couch.

I spent the afternoon doing this and that, like organizing scrapbook materials for a Thursday gathering of the club. I also read a stack of newspapers that included the Sunday edition of the state paper, since I never did get around to it on that day. In reading the local editions, I noticed I hadn't completed this week's word search puzzle contest, so I did that.

As we were traveling home this afternoon, I got a cell phone call from the local hospital, informing me that I'd been scheduled for a mammogram on November 6, at 8 a.m. Yikes! Too early. But I was told I could call and change the date and time if I wished. So at home, I did that. The day is fine, a Tuesday, which doesn't conflict with water aerobics sessions, but I didn't want to have to get up early on a Tuesday, so I requested a time change to 11 a.m.

Also, while we were visiting the art gallery downtown last Friday, the director asked us to attend a meeting at the restaurant on the river on Thursday night, where members of the arts community will have a dutch-treat dinner, and encourage the mayor and other city fathers to help us secure a store-front building downtown to house the gallery, and the community theater.

Right now, the gallery is renting space from the lady who owns that space, as well as the adjoining one, which now houses a shoe store. She is in the process of selling both stores. When that happens, the gallery will no longer have a home. And of course, the theater has never had a home...performances are held at whatever school or college auditorium is available.

Those of us who agreed to attend the dinner meeting were asked to call a local bank's marketing director to RSVP, which I did this afternoon. Talked for quite a while with this lady, whom we've known for years.

Also, this afternoon, I got a call from our friend who lives a couple of hours away...in the town from which we returned this afternoon. She is in town visiting our other friend, and plans to stay a couple of days. The two ladies asked Mother and me to visit at the local lady's home tomorrow afternoon around 3 p.m., for coffee and cookies.

Mother finished her nap around 4:30, and since none of us were hungry, Mother was ready to go home. I gathered bread, deli turkey, and grapes for her to have when she got hungry later, and accompanied her across the yard.

Spent the rest of the evening watching TV, including the Presidential debate.





0 comments: