Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday, Oct. 14

Up at 7:30, but skipped my exercises as I usually do on Sundays. While I got ready for the day, Hubbie went to the WDCS to pick up veggies for stirfry. When he returned, he accompanied Mother to our house, and she started preparing the veggies.

I did the usual Sunday chores for the rest of the morning before time to stirfry the veggies. There were so many of them that it took two pans. Served the stirfry over rice.

We watched a movie on DVD from the library, while I cooked the veggies..."First Dog," about a dog that gets separated from the President of the United States, and becomes friends with an orphan boy in a foster home. The boy encounters many adventures in his attempt to return the dog to the president.

After lunch and the movie, Mother headed to the couch for a nap. While she slept, Hubbie and I watched another movie on DVD from the library: "Big Miracle," based on a true incident of whales that get stuck under the ice in Alaska, and the people from over the world who come together to save them.

A third movie we watched from the library was "4400." This was a the complete first season of a TV series that ran for four years. Don't know if the library has the rest of the series.

The premise is that aliens deliver 4400 people to the earth in a ball of light. The people have been gone various numbers of years, but have stayed the age they were when abducted, and now they have super powers. Naturally, here on earth, things have moved on.

During the show, I switched purses from my summer one to my winter one. This required dumping a lot of stuff out of both and reassessing my need to carry some of it. Discarded junk from both purses, but the winter one is still too heavy. I won't want to carry it with me everywhere. I'll have to learn to take what I absolutely need from it and transfer it to a small purse when I shop.

Mother woke up around 3:30, while the "4400" show was playing. She was ready to go home at 4:30, so I accompanied her.

Spent the rest of the evening in front of TV. That was a lot of TV for one day, but I didn't sit like a slug in front of it all day. I was up and down, doing this and that, including finishing a congratulations card for my student, and finding a gift (an autumn scented reed diffuser), and a gift bag and tissue paper. I found a bag that says "Super Star" on the front, which I think will amuse the student.

I also created a fall arrangement on top of the wicker chest of drawers in the living room. I filled a paper twist basket, that Mother made several years ago, with Indian corn, and a couple of the miniature pumpkins I bought at the pumpkin patch. Then placed two miniature straw bales next to the basket, and topped and surrounded them with the other miniature pumpkins. A swan gourd I bought last year completed the arrangement.





0 comments: