Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday, Oct. 13

Woke up this very foggy morning to the sound of our diesel truck, as Hubbie left to go help the Master Gardeners conduct a bulb sale downtown. They met at 8 a.m. at the pocket park, and sold bulbs until around noon. The bulb sale was part of a downtown antiques and crafts event yesterday and today.

I got up as soon as I heard the truck, and around 8:30 had a light breakfast, before doing stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises. Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, including gathering and starting laundry washing, and finding necessary items for making a congratulations greeting card for my ESL student.

Around 10:30, I accompanied Mother to our house. We didn't do much before lunch. Hubbie was home by 11:30. After lunch, Mother went to the couch for a nap, while Hubbie and I went downtown for a while, so he could help the MGs clean up after the sale, and then join me in visiting the art gallery.

The gallery was just one of the businesses that were open today for the event. I had thought there was to be a crafts sale in one of the storefronts, but there wasn't. Several antique and flea market stores were open, but I wasn't in the mood to browse them today.

Nothing much was happening at the art gallery. But we indulged in the refreshments...mulled cider, and pumpkin muffins. There were other goodies, too, but they were of the crunchy variety, and I'm supposed to avoid crunchy and sticky foods for ten days, until my next dental exam.

The exhibit today was photos on canvas-like paper. The photographer was the same one who presented a slide show program at the college Thursday night. In fact, the exhibit today was comprised of several of the photos he featured in the slide show.

I decided to bring a muffin home for Mother to enjoy for her evening snack. The art council director insisted we take a couple more for ourselves. And she asked if I could bring a box of a dozen of the muffins home to put in the freezer to be used for an event at the gallery early in November. Our freezer is pretty full, but there was room in Mother's freezer.

From downtown, we went to a department store to use a $10 off a $25 purchase. Found a pair of khaki slacks for Hubbie. I actually had two $10 coupons, both of which expired today, but I didn't feel like looking for anything for myself, so I offered the coupon to the first person in the checkout line who had a purchase of $25 or more. One lady was buying a man's shirt, but it cost $24.95, and I knew the store would not let her use the coupon for that...it has to be exactly $25 or more. The lady behind her, though, was purchasing shoes for $39.99, so I gave the coupon to her.

Back home, Mother finished her nap around 3 p.m., and relaxed in the den, where I played a one-hour show from DVR for her, while I measured and pinned the legs of a new pair of denim jeans, to be hemmed one evening while I'm plopped in front of TV.

Later, we had a supper of the remainder of the spaghetti and sauce, which we had with green beans, and grape tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, along with bread and butter.

Accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and waited for her to take a shower before I returned home.

Watched TV after that, including our favorite college football team, as they played to a wide-margin win, after two very long game delays due to thunderstorms.





0 comments: