Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday, Oct. 10

Up at 6:30 this morning to get ready for water aerobics. Cool morning again that required fleece wear and a hoodie, though not cool enough for a jacket. The pool was a bit cool, too, but nice once I got used to it. A record thirty-one of us showed up this morning.

Back home, once I had a couple of cups of coffee to warm up, I headed right upstairs to get ready for the day, because Hubbie and I wanted to attend a lunch program at the hospital at noon.

The talk today was about balance disorders, which, as it turned out, was a timely topic for me, because as I was getting ready this morning, I had a little bathroom mishap. After drying my feet, while seated on the toilet, I threw the towel on the floor. Then, as I tried to stand up, the towel moved, and I did the splits, coming down hard on the toilet seat, and then falling forward on my hands and knees to the floor. Fortunately, the toilet seat is padded, and I wasn't far from the floor, so I didn't hurt myself in any way. But I learned a lesson about towels and floors!

There was a packed house for the hospital program, which was preceeded by a lunch of a chicken fillet sandwich on a whole wheat bun, topped with lettuce and tomato, and served with potato salad, and fresh fruit.

Several members of water aerobics were there, two of whom sat at our table. One lady was interested in the program, because her husband is experiencing dizziness, and she'd like him to see a doctor about it. Good luck with that. Husbands are not known for taking a wife's suggestion concerning their health.

Before we went to the hospital, we made sure Mother had her lunch of Ramen Noodle soup, and then when we returned, Hubbie accompanied her to our house, where she diced veggies for spaghetti sauce. She diced bell pepper, banana peppers, an onion, and garlic. I sauteed those and then added jar sauce and canned tomatoes, plus spices, and let it simmer most of the afternoon.

Once the sauce was prepared, we watched Tuesday night's elimination episode of "Dancing With the Stars." Then Mother watched a one-hour show that she'd forgotten to watch at home.

By now, it was about 3:30, but I insisted that Mother head to the couch for a nap before supper. She didn't wake up until 5:30, after Hubbie and I had already eaten by then. But she was ready for her supper, and even ate two helpings of the spaghetti, topped with delicious mellow sauce, a helping of green beans, and a slice of garlic bread.

I accompanied her home afterward, and then Hubbie and I spent the evening watching TV, as usual.

Funny: got an e-mail from the arts council director today. Her humorous misuse of words cracks me up. Today, she wrote: "I wanted to see if I could embark upon you to get volunteers to man the gallery next week. I am having a granddaughter and will be out of state." I was sorely tempted to respond: "Sorry, we will be busy next week getting ready to impose upon a trip." I also wonder why she's going to the trouble of having her own granddaughter, instead of leaving that to her daughter.















0 comments: