Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday, Nov. 25

I slept really late this morning, until 8:30. Hubbie had been up for about an hour. I guess I was a bit pooped after Thanksgiving preparations and Christmas decorating. Skipped my exercises today, as I usually do on Sunday.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., where she diced onions, bell peppers, and banana peppers for making chili. While she did this, I got ready for the day, and Hubbie went to the grocery store to pick up a few grocery items, including ground turkey for the chili, and a package of fresh cranberries.

When he returned, I started the pot of chili simmering, and made a batch of cranberry sauce, since we'd eaten all of the sauce we made for Thanksgiving.

After that, Mother sat in the living room to watch while I continued putting ornaments on the big tree in the living room.

Since Hubbie and I had eaten breakfast so late, we opted for a light lunch of scrambled eggs and yeast rolls around 1 p.m. Mother had her usual Ramen Noodle soup at 11:30, and then retired to the couch for a nap.

I finally finished decorating the big tree after lunch, and began putting out incidental decorations. We still haven't put the village on the mantel (slight family emergency cropped up that required my time, attention, and pocketbook). Guess the village will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Later, we had a supper of the last of the leftover Thanksgiving feast. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then we watched a couple of holiday romances from the Lifetime Channel.

0 comments: