Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday, Jan. 26

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m. I delayed my exercise routine until later in the morning. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house shortly after we'd had breakfast, and we got to work putting pots of chili and potato soup on to simmer. Hubbie peeled and sliced potatoes, and Mother diced onions, carrots, celery, and bell pepper. I did the rest of it.

Once the chili and soup were on the stove, I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises, and then got ready for the day. It was noon by this time, so we each had a different lunch, and then Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands.

We went first to the library to return movies we'd borrowed last week, and choose four more. Then we went to the greeting card shop, where I used a $5 off of $25 purchase to buy Valentines, a birthday card for Mother, a few 99-cent birthday cards, and a jigsaw puzzle to give to Mother on her birthday. The $5 coupon was a birthday discount from the shop.

After that, we went to the WDCS for a few groceries, and ended our trip with a stop at the local aromatherapy shop. Spent several minutes sniffing the lotions, most of which I didn't like. But I did find one in a lavendar and camomile scent that I like. It's supposed to improve sleep quality. That's for me.

A lady standing near us sniffed it and liked it, but said she still preferred her favorite...orange and ginger. I took a whiff, and it was okay, but it reminded me too much of the kitchen. I don't really want to smell like a muffin.

Back home, we watched our favorite college basketball team as they played to a disappointing loss. They got off to a great start, but soon fizzled, as they usually do in out-of-town games. I'd recorded the game on DVR.

Later, for supper, we had leftover New England stew, with leftovers biscuits for me, and a fresh batch of cornbread for Hubbie and Mother.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including a DVD borrowed from the library..."Mystery! Cadfael," a 1994-1998 series from the PBS channel.

The character Cadfael is a fictional character...a monk with botanical knowledge, as well as worldy knowlege, since he entered the cloister at around 40 years old, after roaming the world as a soldier and sailor. He solves mysteries in Shrewsbury, England around 1135 to 1145. The mysteries are based on historically accurate stories. There are three episodes in this set, and we wish we could find the other sets, because we really enjoyed these.





0 comments: