Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday, Jan. 9

Up late, after 8 a.m., on this gloomy day. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house later, and after breaking down and boxing three puzzles she'd completed, she started a new one.

While she did that, I went upstairs to my computer to do a couple things related to publicity for the upcoming readers' theater. Before I knew it, it was noon, and I hadn't showered and dressed yet.

Hubbie, who had run errands this morning, started lunch preparations when he got back, so I went back downstairs to eat before getting dressed.

While we were at the table, a central heat/air repairman arrived to check on the line that had frozen and then leaked, causing damage to the den ceiling. He determined that part of the problem was a crack in the glue on the line.

Fortunately, I was in the dining room, away from the area where he went up and down stairs, so he didn't see me in my delightful t-shirt and shorts exercise outfit.
As soon as he left, I hightailed it upstairs to shower and dress.

After that, I continued with my publicity work, until I came to a stopping place in an hour or so. Back downstairs, I relaxed with my novel until time to fix supper.

Supper was easy...just putting leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans in the oven. Made beef gravy for it, which pleased Mother.

As soon as supper was over, Hubbie accompanied Mother home, so she'd be safe in the house before predicted rain arrived.

We turned off the TV, then, and read until 8 p.m. Watched TV after that, including our favorite college basketball team, as they played to a disappointing loss.

Note: got three very nice birthday cards today, two of which contained "treats." One of the cards was from Youngest Son and Daughter-in-Law, one very cute one was from grandchildren, and one was from Sister-in-Law.

Yesterday, I got a card from Stepdaughter with such a nice sentiment in it. I was touched. I'm glad we have a good relationship.






0 comments: