Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday, Jan. 12

Up around 8 a.m. on this dark and dismal morning, but didn't do my exercises right after breakfast. Instead, because stormy weather was on the way, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and then he went to the WDCS for groceries, while Mother and I worked to prepare a pot of chicken soup. She diced the veggies, and I did the rest.

She also diced a stalk of celery for the freezer. The celery was about to go south, even though we hadn't had it very long. I've noticed that fresh produce seems to be of much lower quality lately.

Once the chicken was cooking, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and I responded to an e-mail, talked to Stepdaughter on the phone, and then finally did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises.

It was noon by this time, and Hubbie had returned from shopping, so we had lunch...the remainder of the split pea soup for Mother, sliced leftover fried chicken and vegetable chips for me, and cold meatloaf sandwich for Hubbie.

After that, I finally went upstairs and got ready for the day. It was raining hard now, but there was no lightning, so I booted the office computer and did some work on publicity for the upcoming readers' theater, I also did some research regarding my student obtaining a work permit.

Back downstairs, I relaxed for a while, reading, and playing on my laptop...until there was a totally unexpected crash of thunder that scared the bejeebies out of us all. Scared the wits out of the cats, too, who shot through the house, knocking things over.

Warnings on TV showed we might get high wind, and even power outages. I decided that now was the time to put noodles in the chicken soup, and heat some bread, in case the power went out.

Fortunately, nothing but a heap of rain materialized. So we had our supper at the usual 5 p.m. hour. There is nothing more comforting than bowls of steaming bowls of chicken noodle soup on a rainy day. Tonight, we had the soup with the remainder of the blueberry muffins, and slices of the homemade bread that Sis made.

Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then we watched our favorite college basketball team as they played to a wide-margin win.

After that, we watched a 2013 thriller-chiller movie, "House Hunting." Two families attend the open house of an isolated home, and find they can't leave.







0 comments: