Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday, Feb. 14

Today is Valentine's Day. Hope everyone had a happy one.

Up at 7:30 and donned my exercise clothes. Had every intention of doing a session after breakfast, but never did get around to it. Hubbie and I exchanged Valentine's cards, and then he got ready to go to a Master Gardener meeting at 10 a.m. When he came downstairs, I noticed he was wearing a red shirt, so I asked if he'd chosen the color for Valentine's Day. "No," he said. "I just wanted a shirt with long sleeves and a pocket."

Before he left for his meeting, he accompanied Mother to our house.

Around 10:30, Daughter called to wish us a happy Valentine's Day, and to chat for a while. Afterward, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and I started to do stair stepping exercises. But Mother was having trouble completing the puzzle, which only had few remaining pieces. So I stopped to help her. I found she'd put some pieces in the wrong places, which was why she couldn't fit the ramaining pieces in.

Once the puzzle was completed, I located a new one for her, and helped her set it up. By now it was well after 11 a.m., so I abandoned my exercise plan and got ready for the day.

Hubbie returned from his meeting at noon. After lunch, he went out to work in the yard, and Mother and I watched the movie musical, "Mama Mia," until just before 2 p.m. At that time, I paused the movie so Hubbie and I could run a few errands...to the Literacy Council office, now housed at City Hall, where I picked up a new teacher's manual, a student workbook, and other level-four materials for my ESL student; to a Red Box to try to rent the movie, "Anna Karenina" (but it's not yet available); to a bookstore to see if the movie was available there (but it isn't); and to a farm store for a bag of fertilizer.

On the way home, saw that flock of wild turkeys in a pasture again. And jonquils are blooming along the roadsides. At home, Hubbie went back into the yard, and Mother and I finished our movie. Afterward, I accompanied her back to her house.

Around 5 p.m., Hubbie and I went to a popular steakhouse for supper. Took us two days to decide which restaurant we wanted to go to. First, Hubbie made reservations at a restaurant on the river a couple of days ago, but when he learned that we'd have to pay an extra $20 for the privilege of listening to a band we've heard a dozen times before, we decided to cancel the reservation.

Next, we decided to go to a new Italian restaurant, and we stopped by there yesterday to pick up a menu. At home, Hubbie said he wasn't impressed with the look of the restaurant, so we decided maybe a trip to that eatery for lunch someday would be a better idea.

Finally settled on the steakhouse. Good thing we arrived at 5 p.m., because by the time we left an hour later, folks were squeezed into the waiting area, and standing in line outside. We decided against steak, and opted instead for Hawaiian chicken on a bed of rice pilaf, with a side of steamed veggies, which was a healthier option than some other menu choices

Saw a spectacular sunset on the way home...the sun glowing red on a backgound of pink and purple clouds.

Later, we watched a 1997 movie we borrowed from the library..."Last Stand at Saber River," starring Tom Selleck. We've seen this movie before, but Hubbie didn't seem to remember it.









0 comments: