Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday, Feb. 5

Today is Daughter-in-Law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Daughter-in-Law!

Up at 7:30 this morning, and was going to jump into my exercise clothes, but someone from the heat/air business called to ask if a representative could drop by around 8:30 to do a follow-up inspection of the unit to make sure the installers did everything correctly. He was here for quite a while, so he must have done a thorough job.

By the time he left, I was out of the mood to exercise for the morning, but thought I might go bike riding in the afternoon. As it turned out, that didn't happen either.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she sliced veggies for making a vegetable soup. Hubbie peeled and sliced the four potatoes that the recipe calls for, and I completed the soup and set it to simmering. The soup has carrots, onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic, potatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked macaroni, and spices.

By now, it was lunchtime, so I fixed the usual Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and heated leftover turkey burgers and macaroni and cheese for Hubbie and me.

Afterward, Mother worked on her puzzle, while Hubbie and I ran errands. It was a nice afternoon for this, sunny and mild. We noticed that yellow crocus are blooming in the yard, and the greenery for daffodills and tulips have broken the ground. Signs of spring. Yay!

We began our errands by stopping at the library to drop off the movies we borrowed last week, and pick up four more. From there, we went to the newspaper office to leave this week's word search puzzle, and then we went to the bank. Our last stop was at the WDCS to pick up supplies for Mother.

Back home, I saw that there was a message on the landline from my cardiologist's office. I returned the call, but was directed to voice mail. I'm always anxious about the results of my stress test, scan, and ultrasound, so instead of sitting around worrying about it, I got busy cleaning things, like the kitchen counters and the inside of the microwave, and organizing books in my office.

In organizing the books, I found a John Grisham novel I haven't read yet, so I brought it downstairs to start as soon as I finish the one I'm reading on my e-reader, called "A Cold Day for Murder," by Dana Stabenow. It's a whodunit featuring a female detective in Alaska, and I'm enjoying it.

Finally, the tech from the cardiologist's office called to tell me the results of my tests were fine...basically unchanged from my last tests six months ago. I breathed a sigh of relief, relaxed, and read my book.

Later, Mother mixed a batch of of cornbread, and put canned bisuits in a pan, and I baked both, and heated the soup. It was a good meal, and of course there's plenty left for tomorrow night.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including our favorite college basketball team, as they played to an amazing win over the number two team.

Finished the evening watching a one-hour show.






0 comments: