Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday, Feb. 3

Slept late, until after 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises, and did the usual Sunday things this morning. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30.

Later, Mother sliced onions, mushrooms, and beef. I seasoned and browned the beef, which had been dredged in flour, and sauteed the veggies, then added beef broth, a little tomato paste, and finally some sour cream to make beef stroganoff. Cooked noodles to add to the stroganoff, then heated a can of spinach for Hubbie and me, and a can of green beans for Mother. Served the meal with slices of homemade bread.

After lunch, Mother worked on her jigsaw puzzle, while Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands. We stopped first at the WDCS for a few groceries, and to try to find a child's United States puzzle. I wanted one to use with my student. But I couldn't find one there, or at a couple of dollar stores we visited.

At one of the dollar stores, though, I found a Disney characters U.S. map placemat that will have to do. I think my student will be amused by it. I printed a list of state capitals to go with it. I will benefit as much as the student by this exercise, since I'm a little rusty on this geography lesson.

Back home, Hubbie was inspired by the U.S. map placemat to quiz me on a 100-question citizenship test. I was surprised that I was able to answer most of the questions correctly.

Around 4:30, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then, as our evening's entertainment, he and I watched Super Bowl XLVII.

But before I started watching the game, I completed a monthly Literacy Council tutoring report. It is due by Feb. 5, and I figured if I didn't do it today, I'd forget it.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Note: I felt more than stupid last night, when we arrived at the readers' theater performance almost 30 minutes late. For some reason, I got it in my head that the play started at 7:30. There was no excuse for that, since I'd written two articles for the newspaper that stated that curtain time was 7 p.m.

Hubbie's feelings weren't hurt, though, that we were late, even if it meant he had a shorter nap time.

I thought the play was well done, and I was pleased to see that almost a hundred folks attended, a big improvement over the dismal attendance of only thirty-four on Friday night. I hope there was a big audience for today's matinee.

We enjoyed the cast party after the play last night. Of course, it was around 9:30 before the party began, since the play ended at 9 p.m. Only about a dozen of us attended. There were plenty of snacks...hot spinach dip with crackers, guacamole and chips, a baked chicken and three cheese concoction, the traditional block of cream cheese spread with something, sliced apples with sweet dip, and of course my onion/chive dip and chips, plus a choice of red or white wine, or beer.

We got back home about 11:30.








0 comments: