Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday, March 25

For some reason, I woke up at 5:30 this morning, though I could have slept until 6:30. It was a long hour until the alarm went off. Had breakfast, got ready for water aerobics, and was on the road by 7:30.

Br-r-r, what a cold, windy morning for the walk to the gym! But the pool was reasonably warm, and I was very glad to be back in it. I'd alerted one of the aerobics members that I would be away from the pool until my cold cleared up. Everyone was glad to see me back this morning.

I was told the pool was closed last Friday. So, actually, I only missed four days...I went on Monday, March 11, but not on Wedesday or Friday. Missed Monday and Wednesday of last week, but the pool was closed Friday, because the lifeguard, who is also a coach at the college, had to be away for a baseball game. So I didn't miss much, after all.

A couple of other ladies are out sick this week...one with a cold, the other with flu. I definitely don't want flu!

Back home afterward, I couldn't wait to down a couple of cups of hot coffee, and stand in the hot shower for a while to thaw out.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10:30, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle. She continued with her puzzle after lunch. Since my ESL student e-mailed me last night to tell me she wouldn't be attending class today, Hubbie and I ran errands after lunch...to the bank, the post office, the library, a dollar store, and the WDCS. We were back home around 3 p.m.

This afternoon, I alerted the Literacy Council director that my student had gone to Florida for the week. She'll return Saturday, and Monday will be the last time I'll meet with her. So I asked when I could return the Level 4 books, and inquired if she wanted the workbooks as well, since the student had started working in them. I was told the student could keep the workbooks, which she might be inspired to study and complete on her own.

Both the student and her husband have jobs lined up in Florida, so she would probably have to take ESL classes at night. The Literacy Council director here has given her information on who to contact to engage a tutor in the town where she will live. She is such an excellent student, so I hope she continues her studies in Florida. I think she will, since she's anxious to become an American citizen.

Supper tonight was leftover spaghetti with sauce, and more green beans, cottage cheese, and garlic bread. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV for the evening, including episodes of "Vikings," and "The Bible."







0 comments: