Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday, March 28

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping exercises after breakfast. I didn't do resistance and weights exercises today, since I got a pretty good workout with water noodles yesterday. Need to let muscles rest between sessions. But stair stepping works the heart muscle...water aerobics is great, but it doesn't raise my heart rate.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9 a.m. She worked on her jigsaw puzzle, while I got ready for the day. I did this and that for the morning, until I noticed Mother was struggling with the puzzle. It's a 500-piece one that she got for her birthday. The pieces are small, so I helped her with it. In fact, I spent most of the day helping her with it.

Sis had planned to come up this afternoon, but she was delayed, because she had to work another shift at her place of employment, due to other workers not showing up. We began to be concerned when she didn't arrive before suppertime. At last, we heard from her just after 6 p.m., and she arrived later in the evening.

Too bad she couldn't be here for supper, since we had one of her favorite meals...barbecue sandwiches, with coleslaw and baked potatoes.

Got a phone call this afternoon from a lady we know at the college where I go to water aerobics asking Hubbie and me to judge the Scottish clans at the festival this year. We finally reluctantly agreed, after she assured us we don't need to be particularly knowledgeable about clans. We just need to judge them according to written guidelines.

I've judged everything from little girl beauty pageants, to business interviewees, to educational exhibits, to art and photography, to entomology exhibits (bugs), to canned goods, to pinewood derby car races, to crafts, but never Scottish clans. This is a first (and maybe a last). We just pray the weather will be decent that weekend!

Spent the evening, as usual, watching TV. At least Hubbie watched it, since there were NCAA basketball games on.





0 comments: