Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday, May 11

Up at 7:30 to get ready to go on a garden tour at 10 a.m. Skipped my exercises after breakfast, of course, since I knew I'd get a bit of a workout at the garden, which is landscaped on three steep levels.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house before we left, so she could work on her jigsaw puzzle while we were gone.

It was chilly enough this morning to wear a long-sleeved shirt and a denim jacket. I was surprised at how many people came in crop pants and t-shirts, as if it was a hot summer day. They shivered in the shade-cooled garden that features a large variety of Japanese maple trees and other types of trees.

I was quite comfortable, though, and thoroughly enjoyed the tour. I got lots of nice snapshots of this garden that's almost like a park, with bridges, stone steps from level to level, waterfall features, ponds of Japanese koi fish, a large gazebo, and a Japanese tea house, along with varieties of shade tolerant flowering bushes and plants.

We spent about an hour there, and were back home just after 11 a.m. I spent a while in our yard snapping pictures of freshly blooming roses, irises, snowball flowers, and peonies.

At lunchtime, I fixed Mother Ramen Noodle soup, and Hubbie and put leftover pancakes in the oven to heat for Hubbie and me. Since we're out of pancake syrup, we had blueberry jam on them...pretty good.

After lunch, Mother went back to her puzzle, and Hubbie went out in the yard. I spent all afternoon posting photos to my social network page, and then moving photos to an online site, and burning them to CDs, trying to gain memory for my laptop. It's a tedious job.

Later, for supper, Mother helped prepare a dish of Parmesan potatoes for the oven. I melted the butter for them, and washed and halved the potatoes, and then she added Pamesan cheese to the butter, and placed the cut side of the potatoes on top. She also pattied turkey burger.

I put the potatoes in the oven just after 4 p.m., and closer to five, I fried the turkey burgers, and topped them with cheese. We had the burgers on whole wheat buns, with sliced Vidalia onions and lettuce.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including episodes of "Prime Suspect," on DVDs borrowed from the library.    



0 comments: