Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tuesday, June 18

Up at 7 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I made a batch of macaroni and cheese to put with Mother's supper tonight, since I planned to take Hubbie out for a birthday dinner.

I used two cheeses in the sauce...American and Monterey Jack...and one I added the sauce, seasoned with no sodium seasoning, pepper, and paprika, to the cooked macaroni, I put the dish in the oven to bake for thirty minutes.

While the mac and cheese baked, I called the scrapbook club members. One member is still battling vertigo, so she probably will not be here Thursday.  But the other lady said she's anxious to get together, because she wants to make some cards for her family, and also she has a couple of bags of cards discarded by a business that we can cut apart for elements to use on cards we make for Caring Hands Hospice.

By now it was lunchtime, so I fixed Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and Hubbie and I sampled the macaroni and cheese. Afterward, Mother went to her puzzle, which she finished today, and Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands.

Back home, I spent quite a while making a special sympathy card to send to my niece.

Then I changed clothes for going out to dinner and a movie. Tonight, I treated Hubbie to a meal at a Mexican restaurant (his favorite). Then we saw the highly-touted "Man of Steel," in 3D. This is probably not an award-winning film, but it has plenty of action, and the lead actor playing Superman, Henry Cavil, is pretty to look at.

Before we left for the evening, we accompanied Mother to her house, where she enjoyed a supper of cold fried chicken, mac and cheese, baked beans, and coleslaw. She was able to heat the mac and cheese, and the beans, in the microwave. She was invited to join us in dinner out, but she's not fond of Mexican food, so she declined. Also, she insisted she wanted us to have an evening out alone.

The dinner and movie were the last of the celebrations for Hubbie's birthday. He had a very nice several days.

Back home afterward, we wasted no time heading to bed. It good day, but we were tired at the end of it.








0 comments: