Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, July 22

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. Not a bad morning for walking to the gym...warm and overcast, but not terribly hot. Had to use my umbrella to walk back to the van after the session, though, since it started raining just as I left the gym.

About a dozen of us attended today, and the pool was pleasantly warm. The older lady who usually stands beside me did attend this morning. Her leg is still bruised from her fall from her lawn mower, but she no longer has a black eye. I told her that I'm going to provide her with our land line phone number, as well as both of our cell numbers, so she can call us if she ever runs into a problem like that again.

Back home afterward, I relaxed with cups of coffee. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. Before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, I gathered ingredients for Mother to work on making a recipe of pimento cheese. Of course, the first thing I discovered was that I didn't have enough cream cheese. So Hubbie made a quick trip to the closest grocery store to get some.

Once I was dressed, I did this and that until time to get lunch together. After lunch, Mother worked on her jigsaw, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the post office, and to the WDCS.

Back home, used the broth and chicken from yesterday's lunch to make chicken noodle soup for Mother's supper tonight, since Hubbie and had plans for the evening. Only thing was, I discovered I didn't have any noodles. So off Hubbie went again to the closest grocery store.

As soon as the soup was done, Mother decided to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I changed clothes to go to the college to attend a meet-and-greet event in honor of a new football coach.

We have not been particularly interested in sports at the college, but since Hubbie's nephew-in-law is the new basketball coach there, we thought we should go support the athletic program.

His nephew was there, but his niece and the baby stayed home. There was a small crowd for the event, and as soon as Nephew could, he sneaked away to go home and be his family.

Supper, if you can call it that, was provided following the short speeches...bratwursts on buns, with a side of potato chips. I try to avoid hot dogs, but there was no alternate choice tonight, unless we chose to come home and eat. Since Hubbie seemed interested in hanging around and talking with some of the men, I choked the meal down, though it meant taking a real salt hit.

We were back home around 6:30. Hubbie cut a watermelon, and we had generous slices of that to round out our supper. Relaxed in front of TV after that. Watched an old (1961) Marlon Brando western called "One-Eyed Jacks,"  borrowed from the library.



0 comments: