Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday, Aug. 4

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises, as usual on Sundays. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. I got ready for the day, and then Mother and I headed to the kitchen to begin lunch preparations.

She sliced fresh okra (some from our garden, and some we bought at the farmer's market), and Hubbie peeled potatoes.

Around 11 a.m., I started the potatoes cooking, and fried the okra, along with three chicken breasts. Later, I mashed the potatoes, made white gravy, and heated slices of buttered French bread. It was a soul-satisfying meal. I'd cooked quite a bit of okra, and thought there'd be enough left for another meal. But we must have been really okra hungry, because we ate all but a tiny bit of it.

Afterward, we spent the afternoon watching the final episodes of "Wind at My Back." We're sorry the series ended after five seasons. In reading about it online, I learned the show was unexpectedly cancelled in 2001. However, there is a Christmas movie featuring most of the cast that attempts to tie up loose ends. I think I'll see if the library can order it.

We finished watching the series around 5 p.m., and then Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. We sent some pancakes home with her to have for her supper if she gets hungry later.

We had some for our supper around 7 p.m., then we watched mysteries from the PBS channel.

*********************************************

There was thunder in the distance a few times today, but no rain here. Other parts of the county got some though. It's not uncommon for it to rain all around the area, but skip us. There's still a 40% chance for rain tomorrow, so maybe we'll get some then.





0 comments: