Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, Aug. 7

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30.

Before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, I called a member of the scrapbook club to find out how many volunteer hours she accumulated for the year. This lady loves to chat, so I was on the phone with her for about forty minutes.

I think she would love to start coming to the club meetings again, but she hesitates to drive her car very far (though she lives only about 10 miles from us), so I'm going to contact the other member and ask if she'll drop by and pick this lady up, since the other member has to go right by her house anyway.

The only reason the other member has not done this before is because she lives about twenty miles away, and when she comes for the meeting, she likes to run other errands in town afterward. But if she'd pick this lady up, I could take her back home after the meeting.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that until lunch time. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank, to the newspaper office to drop off this week's word search puzzle, to the pet store to get a pet grooming glove, and to the WDCS for groceries and incidentals. We picked up four-ounce canning jars here, so I can experiment with making wine jelly.

Back home, I relaxed until time to prepare supper. Mother helped in the kitchen by peeling and slicing apples and onions for a pork chop recipe. The recipe calls for six to eight pork chops, but we used only four. To make the recipe, layer the apples (we used three) in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; layer the onions (we used one)  on top of the apples. Place the chops on top, and brush a combination of honey and mustard on them (used a quarter cup of honey and one tablespoon of mustard mixed together). Bake at 325 degree for an hour, or until the meat is done. Double ingredients if using six or eight pork chops.

Served the dish with instant rice, and canned English peas, as well as sliced tomatoes, and the last of the French bread.

Hubbie accompanied Mother back home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, as usual. 









0 comments: