Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday, Aug. 22

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she worked on her puzzle while I got ready for the day.

Once I was dressed, I did this and that for the rest of the morning. For lunch, Hubbie made grilled cheese sandwiches for us. Then he went out to work in the yard.

Just after 1 p.m., Mother and I went to the beauty shop for haircuts. Today, my hairdresser was full of stories about her daughter's recent wedding, and the upcoming wedding of her son. An announcement of her daughter's wedding was in tonight's local newspaper.

Her daughter opted for a country-themed wedding, using burlap, driftwood, and mason jars for decorations, but choosing a traditional white gown and veil for herself, and pink chiffon dresses for her bridesmaids. The groom, groomsmen, and ring bearer wore khaki vests and khaki slacks with ivory shirts and ties. Pink rose bouquets and pomanders complimented the theme.

Today, my hairdresser and I discovered that we are both planners and list makers, and that we are first children who like to organize things and get others moving. We soon learned that we are both Capricorns, born in January, just one birth day apart (though several years separate us). 

Went first to the greeting card shop to get a wedding card for Hubbie's granddaughter, who is to be married on Labor Day. From there, I went to a grocery store. My main reason for going there was to get a head of cabbage to use in making Chinese soup for supper. But while I was there, I also got a package of mushrooms for making more cream of mushroom soup, and a bottle of apple juice for making candy apple jelly.

On the way back home, I noticed that there had been a rain shower beginning at the four-way stop and ending just beyond the college. From that point to our house, the pavement was completely dry.

Later, Hubbie decided to go visit our injured cat at the vet's office. When he returned, he said that the pavement was wet beginning at the vet's office, and ending at the cutoff just down the road from our house. Ironically, not a drop fell between those two rain shower points, where our house is located.

The Chinese chicken soup hit the spot for supper, even though it's a summer night. Served jelly-filled muffins with the soup.

Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he and I watched more episodes of "One Tree Hill."





0 comments: