Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday, Aug. 29

Slept late, until around 8 a.m., then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she peeled and quartered tomatoes for the freezer, while I got ready for the day.

Once I was dressed, I busied myself around the house until lunchtime. Lunch for Mother was Ramen Noodle soup, and Hubbie and I had leftover stir fry and rice.

Afterward, Hubbie ran errands, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and I did this and that until around 3 p.m. At that time, Mother and I put together a dish of lasagna for the oven, and slathered slices of French bread to be heated. Also made a salad...for that we wanted some fresh banana peppers, so I went to the garden to gather a few. Gathering veggies from the garden is usually Hubbie's job, a thing he likes to do since he toiled to grow them. But he was still running errands, so I did it this time.

Didn't accomplish much else other than downloading a library book to my e-reader...an easy-to-read mystery for the weekend. Since I had time to kill while the lasagna baked, I read a couple of chapters of it.

The lasagna meal was especially good tonight, probably because we added a package of homegrown tomatoes to the lasagna...ones we'd put in the freezer last summer. The salad, with fresh grape tomatoes and banana peppers from our garden, was also yummy.

We were expecting Sis to arrive sometime this evening for a weekend visit, but since she had to work late today, she was too tired to drive up here, so she will be here tomorrow.

Mother stayed around after supper for a while, in case Sis arrived this evening. We watched a couple of shows, and then when I learned that Sis wouldn't be coming today, Mother decided to go home. Hubbie accompanied her.





  

0 comments: