Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, Sept. 9

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. It was a pleasant morning for the drive to the college. The sun, just risen, glowed against a purple/pink sky. A layer of fog skimmed low-lying fields. On the campus, dew still sparkled on well-manicured lawns.

The pool was a bit nippy today, but twenty-two of us braved it anyway. Our regular leader was not there this morning, since she was away attending a funeral. The substitute did a good job, except she worked us with both the water noodles, and the water weights. Most of us don't really like the weights, which are awkward to handle in water.

One of the members has for a few months been excited about an upcoming cruise to Alaska. Today, though, she said her husband, who recently underwent a procedure to replace his pace maker, is not feeling well. I hope he's up to the trip, which begins this Thursday. She's going to be very disappointed if they have to cancel.

Back home, I enjoyed a cup of coffee while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. I gathered bell peppers and jalapeno peppers for her dice, while I went upstairs to get ready for the day.

Back downstairs, Mother and I prepared veggies for chef's salads for lunch. She didn't want a salad, of course, preferring instead her usual Ramen noodle soup.

After lunch, Mother and I made a batch of pepper jelly, using the automatic jelly maker. So far, I'm not pleased with the result, but I'll reserve judgement until tomorrow afternoon, since it might take that long for it to set up.

Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle afterward, and I spent some time catching up on reading newspapers, and working this week's word search puzzle contest, while Hubbie ran errands.

Later, I heated leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans for supper. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, as usual, including episodes of "One Tree Hill."  













0 comments: