Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday, Oct. 16

Up at 6 a.m. so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. It was a bit drizzly and cool this morning, but the pool was pleasantly warm. Sixteen of us attended, and we all agreed that it felt good to get back to aerobics after being away from it for over a week.

Back home afterward, I warmed up with a couple of cups of coffee, and then got ready for the day in the guest bathroom downstairs. It's a smaller space than the bathroom upstairs, of course, so I had trouble managing all my grooming and hygiene supplies. There's not much space on the sink/vanity for all my stuff, and Hubbie's. So we're using totes and travel kits to contain everything. It's a little living out of a suitcase on an extended trip.

When I got home, the worker was already here and hard at work. Today, he cut the affected section out of the upstairs bathroom floor, which meant using a lot of very loud electric tools. Add to that the fact that the tree trimming guys came today also, and they made a lot of noise sawing limbs off trees outside.

This time, they did not get stuck in the yard like they did last Tuesday, when they trimmed limbs off of trees that would impede a truck delivering a new shed on Friday. Hubbie had to hook our truck to the tree trimmer's truck and pull it out of the yard. We are now left with two deep tires ruts in the yard.

Once I was ready for the day, Mother and I watched Monday night's episode of "Dancing With the Stars." In the meantime, Hubbie went to the grocery store and picked up deli meats and cheese, and a loaf of rye bread for lunch. We invited the worker to join us again. He enjoyed a couple of ham sandwiches on wheat bread, with pepper Jack cheese, chips and salsa, and a couple of brownies. Mother had a half of a turkey with baby Swiss cheese, and Hubbie and I had ham and Swiss on Rye. We had chips and brownies, too.

After lunch, Mother helped make a pot of split pea soup...she sorted the peas and diced onions, carrots, and banana peppers. I washed the peas, and added the veggies, along with chicken and beef broths, and spices...pepper, no salt seasoning, paprika, and garlic powder. I let the soup simmer for a couple of hours. Later, Mother helped me make a batch of bran muffins.

The worker left around 4 p.m., and by 5 p.m., the tree trimmers were done. Shortly afterward, we sat down to supper. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched the final episodes of "One Tree Hill."













0 comments: