Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, Nov. 22

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. A tad chilly this morning, because of a cool wind, so I stepped right along walking to the gym. The water in the pool was pleasantly warm, though, and eighteen of us enjoyed it.

Our regular leader was not there, because she has fallen and injured a foot, according to the substitute leader. It's doubtful that she'll mend from the injury sufficiently to attend on Monday, either. But then if predictions for possible wintry weather on Monday comes to pass, nobody will attend. I've already decided to skip aerobics that morning, since I'll have plenty to do that day to get ready for Thanksgiving.

Back home afterward, I especially welcomed cups of hot coffee to warm me up before I got ready for the day. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

This was a day for doing little nit-picky things that didn't amount to much, but still needed doing. Like e-mailing a recipe to a water aerobics friend, calling the Extension Homemakers agent to tell her who our club is voting for to win the Homemaker of the Year award, bringing our scrapbook club treasury report up-to-date, making copies of recipes, updating the upstairs computer, trying to resolve a problem with Hubbie's social network page, etc.

Later, after lunch, Hubbie ran errands. I wasn't in the mood to get out, so I relaxed and caught up on reading newspapers, and then played on my e-tablet.

For supper, we had the leftover Autumn Stew from last night, served with canned biscuits. It wasn't the most palatable meal, since the noodles were so mushy, but it was still tasty. This seems to have been my week for meal failures. I should be banned from the kitchen.

Tonight, I entertained the idea of going to a performance of "The Nutcracker," at the college down the road, but no one was in the mood. So Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I watched TV.







0 comments: