Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday, Nov. 19

Still wide-eyed at 2 a.m. this morning, so I was in no hurry to get up once the sun rose.  Rolled out around 8 a.m.

Did an abbreviated exercise session after breakfast, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. When I was done exercising, we watched this week's episode of "Dancing With the Stars." Again, we were surprised by who was eliminated.

After the show, I finally went upstairs to get dressed. In the meantime, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie went out to work in the yard.

Back downstairs, I did this and that around the house, and then read today's newspapers, and played on my laptop.

Later, Hubbie and I worked to grind the leftover beef roast to use in making beef hash later. This was not my most successful cooking effort, I don't think, though Hubbie and Mother seemed to find it tasty. I thought it was unappetizing in every way... the finely ground beef looked like dog food, and  was unpalatable in the mouth (like sawdust). I'm not a real fan of beef, anyway, so it didn't even taste that good to me. Maybe I'll like it better tomorrow night, topped with fried eggs.

After supper, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then we watched TV, as usual, including a 1971 movie called, "Men in the Wilderness," starring Richard Harris and John Huston. In the 1800s, a fur trapper is attacked by a grizzly bear, and then left to die alone by the group of trappers he had been traveling with.

He survives, and swears to exact revenge on the leader of the trappers. The film is said to be loosly based on a true story. An interesting aspect of the film is that the trappers drag a large boat (reminded me of the Ark) across the land, using a flatbed wagon with huge wheels, which is pulled by a team of several mules.

*************************************************

Funny: this evening, we decided that we three represent The Butcher, The Baker, and the Candlestick Maker. Mother is the butcher (dices veggies); I'm the baker (cook); and Hubbie is the candlestick maker (the provider).















0 comments: