Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday, Nov. 20

Woke up at 4 a.m. following a dream about being chased by dinosaurs, and couldn't go back to sleep. Got up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics.

Chilly this morning. Hubbie scraped frost off the windshield for me, and warmed the car. Fields were covered in frost, too, which was pretty. Fiery red Bradford pear trees at the college down the road, and in private yards are pretty right now, too.

The pool was cool, but tolerable once I got used to it. About eighteen of us attended aerobics today. Two ladies are out sick...one with a sore throat, and the other because she fell and bruised her lips and a knee.

Interesting: in talking with one of the younger members of the group, she enthused over her robotic vacuum cleaner, and highly recommended I get one. The vacuum cleans floors, using a GPS system to work a room by grids, and then when the battery runs low, it returns to a docking station to recharge itself. I'd love to try one.

Back home, I warmed up with cups of coffee, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. I didn't accomplish much for the rest of the morning after I was ready for the day, since it was nearly noon by then.

After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, while I baked a rum cake. The rum smells pretty strong, so Mother isn't interested in being in the kitchen with it.

While the cake baked, I caught up on reading newspapers. Later, I made a glaze for the cake, and then decorated the top with red and green candied cherries. The cake is destined for the silent auction  at the college tomorrow evening, when the Friends of the Library will sponsor a soup/chili event.

Other than baking the cake, I didn't accomplish anything for the afternoon. Supper was leftover beef hash, topped with fried eggs, and served with toast and jelly.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including a 2002 romantic comedy movie called, "Two Weeks Notice," starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Jackman. A tycoon hires a lawyer, and then expects her to advise him on every minute detail of his life. She gets tired of it and gives two weeks notice. She then agrees to train her sexy replacement, but grows jealous of the new girl.







0 comments: