Saturday, November 30, 2013

Friday, Nov. 29

Restless night, of course, since all I did was cough and sneeze. Didn't up until around 8 a.m., though. Hit the shower, had breakfast, than flopped on the couch until Mother and Sis came over.

Later, Sis and I prepared lunch, in anticipation of a visit from three granddaughters, and five of the great-grandchildren. We put leftovers in the oven, and then Sis made a big batch of boxed macaroni and cheese.

The kids arrived in time for lunch. After we'd eaten, we had a very good time visiting. Most of the time, the older children played in the yard, but we were entertained by a toddler great-granddaughter.

With this laryngitis it was difficult for me to talk....at one point, I tried to ask one of the granddaaughters if she had gone Black Friday shopping, but all I could get out was "Black Farty." Cracked Granddaughter up, though.

We visited until around 3 p.m., when the granddaughters decided they should get on the road home. We were so glad they made the effort to come up.

Later, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team as they played to a crushing loss...they came so close, but fell in the last minute or so of play. I'd recorded the game on DVR.

For supper, we all chose something different from the leftovers for supper, and then afterward we played several games of Skip-bo. Sis topped out, winning three games, while Hubbie and I each won one. None for Mother tonight.

Tonight,  I added water-faucet nose to my sore throat, cough, and laryngitis, so shortly after Sis accompanied Mother home, Hubbie and I were not long finding our way to bed.







0 comments: