Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday, Dec. 28

Woke up around 5:30, following a strange dream that Hubbie and I had bought a castle (I think a program we watched last night about castles prompted this dream). I kept getting lost in the castle, and ending up in various rooms...the billiard room, the servant's quarters, etc.

At one point, I noticed a beautiful winter scene through a window...a creek meandered through a forest, and I wanted to go out and snap pictures of it. But when I finally found my camera bag, I realized that someone had stolen the camera. I wanted to tell Hubbie about this, but I simply couldn't find him, so I continued to wander though the castle, becoming more anxious all the time. I was very glad to awaken in my own bed! But it took a while to fall asleep again.

We were up at 7:30, and I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Around 9:30, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went straight to her jigsaw puzzle. I didn't help her with it today, since I had other things I needed to tend to.

At lunch, we each had something different...Ramen noodle soup for Mother, roast beef sandwich for Hubbie, and an egg salad sandwich for me.

Afterward, Mother returned to her puzzle, while Hubbie and I ran errands. We went first to the greeting card shop, where I bought New Years cards for a few of my friends that I didn't have time to send Christmas cards to. I also bought a couple of birthday cards.

From there, Hubbie dropped me off at a department store, while he went to a grocery store to pick up a couple more 99-cent pineapples. At the department store, I bought six pairs of undies for Mother, who requested them. She suggested I buy them at the WDCS, so she could use the gift card I gave her, but that store seems to specialize mainly in cotton ones, and Mother prefers the silky ones.

I found what she wanted, bought six pairs (three pairs for $15.99...a sale price), and used a $10 off $25 purchase to get them. The six pairs still cost around $17, so Mother will return the WDCS gift card, and pay the remaining $7. I remember when those six pairs would not have cost more than $7!

Hubbie returned to pick me up, and we went to the library. Got four selections, some of which are in series form. There's enough to entertain us through the chilly weather of the New Years holiday, since there is nothing but re-runs on TV right now.

Next, we went to the WDCS for personal items and few groceries. Made one more stop, and then headed home.

At home, Mother helped put together a potato dish for the oven that calls for diced potatoes, sliced onions, olive oil, and various spices.

Put the dish in the oven around 4:30, and a few minutes later, I cooked turkey burgers to go with the potatoes. It was a tasty Saturday fun meal.

Not long afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he and I watched TV, including an R-rated thriller called, "The Long Kiss Goodnight," starring Gena Davis. Plenty of language and violence, and improbable stunts.

Following that, we watched our favorite college basketball team, as they played to a wide-margin win.













0 comments: