Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday, Dec. 15

Up at 7:30 this sunny morning to get ready for company...Daughter, two granddaughters, a grandson-in-law, and six great-grandkids, were scheduled to arrive toward noon. I skipped my exercises again, so I could spend the morning spiffing the house. Hubbie helped with this, and we were ready by 10 a.m.

Everyone was here by 11 a.m., so I started lunch preparations. Daughter heated the potato soup we made a couple of days ago. The chicken and broth were ready for noodles, so I took care of that. The soups were ready by noon. Served them with a choice of pimento cheese, or chicken salad sandwiches. Dessert was homemade sugar cookies, and ice cream.

 After lunch, the kids made graham cracker Christmas houses, using milk cartons, icing, and various candies. They had a wonderful time with this project, while I had a wonderful time holding the newest addition to the family...a baby boy.

Later, we exchanged Christmas gifts, and then spent the rest of the afternoon visiting. It was a happy time.

Around 4 p.m., family was ready to head home, two hours away. Mother stayed around and worked on her jigsaw puzzle for a while, Hubbie watched TV, and I downloaded snapshots I took this afternoon to my computer, then uploaded some of them to my social network page.

For supper, around 5:30, we had more soup and sandwiches, then watched a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie.  

0 comments: