Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday, Dec. 18

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, while I got ready for the day.

This morning's project was to make a Christmas card using one of my backyard photos of a cardinal bird during the recent ice storm.. The card was for my former sister-in-law, with whom I have remained friends. A few days ago, we received a photo Christmas postcard from her, featuring herself holding her precious shih tzu dog. But since we don't have a recent photo of the three of us, the next best thing was a handmade photo card.

Later, for lunch, we had the remainder of the soups, with crackers and pimento cheese, and slices of a cinnamon roll. One of these large, fluffy, rolls is big enough to serve all three of us. These must-have, mouth-watering delights can only be purchased at the annual Sheriff's Youth Ranch craft fair each December, and I made sure we got a half dozen.

After lunch, Mother returned to her puzzle, and I headed to town to finish my Christmas shopping. Hubbie ran errands, too, but he drove the truck, so I could have the van. We agreed to meet at the WDCS later.

My first stop was a grocery store to pick up scratch-off tickets for Hubbie for Christmas; then to the beauty shop to buy a bag of homemade peanut brittle, also for Hubbie. After that I went to a home improvement store, and a farm store, to buy gifts cards for Hubbie.

At the WDCS, I called Hubbie and learned that he was already in the store. We found each other and proceeded to shop. I was interested in finding a colorful scarf to wear to the "Cup of Cheer" event tomorrow.

I found an inexpensive green circular one that will do to accessorize a black knit turtleneck shirt. With Christmas earrings, it'll be festive enough. I don't want to wear a winter sweater, since the temperature is supposed to be close to 70 degrees tomorrow.

Other than the scarf, we bought groceries and other supplies, then stopped by the gas station before heading home.

At home, I relaxed with the newspapers before getting supper ready. Tonight, we had "the-week-in-review." After supper, Mother stayed around to watch "A Christmas Story." We watch it every year, and it never seems to grow old.

Around 9 p.m., Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then we continued watching TV until bedtime.







 



 









 

0 comments: